Shipping and Returns
Rapids understands that your time is valuable. However by taking a few moments to follow these procedures you can protect yourself from incurring additional costs.
Why this is important to you:
It is important that your receiving personnel know this information! Please remember that truck drivers will bring the merchandise to the location but merchandise must be unloaded from the truck and set in place by the receiving party. Please make arrangements in advance for any hand trucks, forklifts or other necessary equipment before your delivery arrives.
Inspect Before Signing! Unless it is noted on the delivery receipt that the shipment is damaged or short, a freight claim CANNOT BE FILED. Rapids can not be responsible for any losses sustained due to non-compliance with these freight claim procedures.
Before Signing Proof of Delivery:
- When your shipment arrives, verify counts. Make sure you receive as many cartons as are listed on the receipt. Note any shortages on the carrier’s delivery receipt.
- Remove all packaging materials. Check all items thoroughly for damage. If damage is found, note this on the receipt. You and the driver should make a joint inspection of the contents if you notice damage. When damage is found, keep all packaging materials until the carrier's representative inspects the damage.
- Do not sign the Proof of Delivery until you are completely satisfied with the condition of the shipment. Signing the Proof of Delivery means you are accepting the items “AS IS”. The driver can not leave until the delivery receipt has been signed.
- If damage is extensive and you are unsure as to whether or not the operation of the unit has been compromised, please refuse the freight shipment and call Rapids ASAP.
- If concealed damage is found after the driver has left, you must report this to the freight company within 48 hours of delivery.
- Please contact Rapids Wholesale at 800-553-2088 with any questions about these procedures.
We care about your business and wish you prosperity in the coming years. Thank you for your partnership on behalf of Rapids Wholesale Equipment Company!
- DAILY ORDER CUT OFF IS 3:00 PM CST - We ship orders via United Parcel Service (UPS) and common carrier. A street address is required for both UPS delivery and common carrier, we are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Shipping charges are not included in the merchandise purchase price. When ordering from Rapids' Online Store, the shipping charge is automatically calculated when checking out. UPS 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air shipping upgrades may also be selected. High value packages ship with signature and ID required. Please have your ID available when accepting the delivery. Please be aware that shipping time estimates do not include the day of pick-up, weekends or observed Holidays.
Accepting a Shipment
When your shipment arrives please inspect it carefully and remove all the packaging prior to signing for the delivery with the freight company. Verify there are no hidden damages, and if it is a multiple package shipment, please note on the delivery bill the number of packages that you are accepting. For instance, if you are accepting 7 boxes then write "7 boxes received OK" on the freight bill just above your signature. If your shipment arrives damaged or contents are missing, follow these steps:
- Obtain an inspection report from the trucking company
- Note damages/discrepancies on carrier receipt prior to signing for shipment
- Call Customer Service at 800-533-2088 and we will gladly assist you
Shipping charges: The customer pays all freight charges unless otherwise noted. Items marked "Free Freight" are shipped prepaid via normal ground transportation within the continental United States.
Normal shipping does not include inside delivery. Be sure to have proper help and equipment available to unload your order at the time of delivery. If you need unloading assistance, Rapids can arrange for fee-based inside delivery.
The shipping weight on some items represents "dimensional weight" for calculating freight and may be higher than the actual, physical weight of the product.
Orders shipped to Canada via UPS may incur additional taxes, duties, and other fees to cross the border. These charges are not included in our web site's shipping calculator. They will be billed to you directly from UPS.
Order approval is a step beyond credit card authorization that Rapids takes to help protect our customers from fraudulent use of their credit information. If an order is placed on HOLD pending further verification a message will be sent to the email address supplied on the order form. Orders on HOLD can delay shipment for up to one business day. If Rapids requests additional information from the buyer and there is no response within 24 hours the order may be canceled and a refund issued to the credit card.
Over 97% of the merchandise Rapids offers is in stock and ships within 24 hours, we seldom have to backorder items. If an item is temporarily out of stock when you order it, the product will be sent to you the same day it is received in our warehouse. When you place a credit card order with us, your card will be billed for the entire merchandise amount and shipping charge. If an item is backordered, it will be so noted on the packing slip in the column marked "Quantity Backordered". The cost of this item will appear on the packing slip that is included with the backordered item when it is sent, but your card will not be billed a second time. There will be no additional shipping costs for backordered items...we pay them. If you wish to cancel a backorder, please contact our Customer Service Department and we will promptly do so and make the appropriate refund or adjustment.
APO and FPO Shipments
For APO and FPO service, please call our order lines at 800-472-7431 during normal business hours. Refer to the "How to Order" tab in the left column of this page. Normally we send APO/FPO shipments by SAM (Space Available Airmail). There is a 15 pound and 60 inch combined length/girth limit for SAM but no additional cost. If we can not ship via SAM, we ship by PAL which is also airmail. There is a 30 pound and 60 inch combined length/girth limit on PAL shipments. We can still ship boxes to APO/FPO addresses providing the combined length/girth does not exceed 100 inches and the total weight is less than 70 pounds. Where it seems practical, we will ship these packages airmail. When the cost is very high we will ship them by regular Parcel Post. If we have to add any extra shipping charges to an APO/FPO order, we will send the order and bill you for the added charge rather than hold up the order.
If you receive any merchandise that is damaged, defective or not as you ordered, save all packaging materials and contact our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-472-7431 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of invoice date. See our Returns Policy for more information.
We do not sell merchandise on approval or offer a free trial period. We cannot accept any item for return for any reason without prior return authorization from our Customer Service Dept. There will be a restocking charge of up to 30% unless we erred, and the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the merchandise back. The returned item must be packed in an outer shipping carton, with no shipping labels or markings on the inner manufacturer box. All goods requested for return will be inspected before a return will be approved and must be in original, new condition, unregistered, and include all original packaging, accessories, instructions, and blank warranty cards.
Items that qualified for free shipping on the original order that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from any refund or credit. Costs incurred in returning merchandise to Rapids warehouse are not refundable.
Credit will be issued for an approved return in the same manner as the original payment. Cash refunds will be paid by check from Rapids Accounting Office, allow 10 to 14 days after receipt at our warehouse for processing.
Commercial warranties may be void for residential applications.
Certain products are non-returnable:
- Custom designed or custom built products
- Special order merchandise
- Sealed electronic products are not returnable for credit or refund once the factory seals have been broken.
- Any item used or demonstrated