Why Use Chilling Paddles in your Commercial Kitchen?
The Rapi-Kool Plus from San Jamar is an improvement over the original Rapi-Cool paddle, for a versatile utensil that quickly cools and mixes hot liquids. Chilling paddles like this one are commonly used in restaurant kitchens to cool large pots of soup, stew, stocks, sauces and other liquid leftovers. The innovative Fill-Rite design eliminates the hassle of looking for the fill line - simply fill the Rapi-Kool Plus paddle with water, screw on the top and freeze. A separate handle and cap guarantees room for ice expansion. And if you don't have time to let the paddle sit in the freezer, the wide mount is large enough that you can simply fill the paddle up with ice cubes.
Quickly & Safely Cool Hot Liquids like Soups & Stocks
The cooling fins which are part of the paddle design provide extra surface area for stirring, so your hot soups and stocks cool down fast. This handy commercial kitchen utensil rapidly chills food through the temperature danger zone (135++¬ degrees Fahrenheit to 70++¬ degrees Fahrenheit) in 2 hours, then to 41++¬ degrees Fahrenheit within 4 hours. Keeping leftover stocks and soups at the right temperature is crucial for your restaurant to meet health and safety regulations and maintain HACCP compliance. Using a cooling paddle like this one allows you to chill liquids from the "inside out," so products cool faster and more evenly. For the best results, you should let boiling liquids cool slightly before using a chilling paddle. We also recommend that when you take the Rapi-Kool paddle out of the freezer, you let it adjust to room temperature for a few minutes before inserting it into very hot liquids. Extreme temperature changes could weaken the paddle's exterior and shorten its lifespan.
Features of the San Jamar Rapi-Kool Plus Cooling Paddle
- Fill-Rite++¦G+çP-+¦ design eliminates looking for the fill line - simply fill Rapi-Kool++¬--½ Plus with water, screw on the top and freeze.
- Wide mouth allows you to fill the paddle with ice cubes if you don't have time to freeze it
- Separate handle and cap guarantees ice expansion area
- Smooth exterior makes it easy to remove food particles after use
- Polycarbonate plastic construction is durable to withstand repeated cycles of freezing and heating
- Dishwasher safe
- Hanging hook on the end of the paddle allows for convenient storage
- Height: 23.75", Diameter: 4.75"
- 128 ounce water capacity
- NSF listed
CALIFORNIA PROP 65 WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For further information, visit their website.