You have no items in your shopping cart.
Check out our job listings below - if any pique your interest, you can submit your resume here (please be sure to include the job you are applying for in the subject of the email).
Inside Sales & Customer Service
Location: Marion, IA.
Our inside sales department handles new and existing accounts in the food service equipment industry. We are currently looking to fill an entry level position within the department. This role will support and communicate product knowledge to customers, answer web inquiries, making warm outbound lead calls, and handle inbound catalog sales calls daily. The role is a team oriented position and works with all departments by taking initiative in solving various customer requests and needs. Rapids Wholesale looks to reward exceptional employees who demonstrate drive and repeated success with promotions and other positions within the company.
- Answer inbound phone calls for catalog sales and cross sell additional items
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up calls and emails
- Complete walk-in sales in the warehouse showroom
- Obtain basic construction and electrical specifics
- Gain the required equipment knowledge to make profitable sales and recommendations
- Continue to expand on product knowledge through manufacturer training sessions
- Understand customer needs and requirements, overcome objections of current and prospective customers
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
- Proven inside sales experience
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing and receiving dozens of calls daily
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong mathematical ability in percentages, ratios, and margins
- Excellent deduction and research skills
- Must work in a Saturday rotation from 8am to 12pm
Job Type: Hourly wage / 8:30am to 5pm Monday through Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.50 /hour
- Phone Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Food Service Equipment: 1 year (Required)
- Sales Operations: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Why Should You Want to Work at Rapids?
When you are job hunting, a lot of emphasis is placed on making yourself appealing to the company, with very little importance placed on what the company can offer you. At Rapids, we want to make it easy for you to decide that you want to work here.
Insurance: You will be able to choose from several different health insurance plans to find the one that works best for you and your family. Dental insurance is also available.
Paid Time Off: Work-life balance is an important part of a healthy, happy life. Rapids offers both vacation and sick leave, as well as paid holidays. In many departments, flex time is also available, because we know that life doesn't always happen on your schedule.
Innovation Opportunities: If you like enacting change in your workplace, Rapids is the place for you. We've implemented an Innovation Inspires program that gives every employee - from the warehouse to accounting - the opportunity to share ideas and improve how we do things.
Industry Training: Rapids helps make it easy for you to stay up-to-date on the latest products. Training is regularly offered by many of our top vendors on the newest offerings. Oftentimes this also means FREE LUNCH!
Rapids' mission statement is to "Deliver Excellence in Every Moment." In order to do that, we have five company values that every employee strives to emulate in every interaction with customers (both internal and external) that serve as "pillars" to our mission statement, holding it up and ensuring we can provide a superior experience.
I will be Personally Accountable - Pushing problems onto other people may be the easiest course of action, but it also means that the problem will take longer to be addressed. Whether or not something was your mistake, taking responsibility and helping to find or create a solution is the Rapids response.
I will be Honest - Sometimes, telling a hard truth is necessary to get through an issue with a customer or coworker. It is also vital that we are upfront with our customers and vendors, as that is the way to build lasting and productive relationships.
I will be a Problem Solver - A crucial aspect of working at Rapids is efficiently resolving any complications that may arise with the customer in mind. Speaking of which...
I will put the Customer First - If you have the opportunity to go above and beyond for the customer, do it.
I will Mind My Ping - The main focus behind this value is to put your best foot forward in every situation. We all understand that people can sometimes have bad days, but it is important that you limit the amount this influences your interactions with customers as much as possible.
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
Because the people writing this are employed by Rapids, you may understandably think we are biased (and we are!). Not to worry - there are plenty of other organizations that think Rapids is a great place to work as well!
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our Company's policy that all employment decisions shall be based on merit, job-related qualifications, and the abilities of candidates. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or disability (if otherwise qualified) unrelated to the ability to do the job or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our policy to make reasonable accommodations for job applicants and employees with disabilities. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, compensation, discharge, and all other terms and conditions of employment.