FEDA TAPS JOE SCHMITT TO SERVE AS ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT
Rapids is pleased to announce that our long time President, Joe Schmitt has been tapped to serve as President of FEDA, the Food Service Equipment Distributors Association. FEDA members vote and elect their board and officers for two year terms. Joe's term as President will run from April 2016 through April of 2018. Mason Greene of Hotel & Restaurant Supply will serve as FEDA vice president, Ray Ringelheim of Globe Equipment will serve as treasurer and Paul Parr will serve as secretary. Outgoing President, Brad Pierce of Restaurant Equipment World will now serve as Chairman of The Board.
The importance of FEDA to Rapids and other food industry distributors cannot be overstated. FEDA was founded in 1933 by Sam Anoff, and is a nationally recognized association for foodservice equipment and supplies dealers. The association has been the most prominent voice in the United States foodservice equipment industry. FEDA currently has over 300 members across the United States. The core membership is made up of companies that are dealers of commercial food service equipment and/or supplies.
- A strong dealer advocacy voice in the food service equipment industry united for a profitable dealer-based distribution system.
- Industry information and business management tools to run a profitable dealership.
- Dealer-focused training and education that is relevant, cost effective and convenient.
- Opportunities to network and problem solve with other dealers to improve their business.
All of the above are focused on maintaining profitable dealerships capable of providing the knowledge, service and value needed by today's professional food service operator.
We at Rapids already know the energy and expertise that Joe Schmitt will bring to FEDA. In the last 24 years of Rapids 80 year history, the company has seen exponential growth under Joe’s guidance.
As President of FEDA, Joe Schmitt has many plans and goals for the organization. To name a few
- Continue to seek larger member input and assistance with advocacy
- Search for opportunities to expand Diamond Sponsors for Education
- Recommend a draft MAP critical elements policy as a model for exceptional manufacturers.
- Modernize FEDA’s Electronic Communications and User Interfaces. Specifically, 1) the abililty to have a secure more user friendly website 2) Enhanced manufacturer and dealer's data base. 3) Refreshed, updated and modern FEDA Website. 5) Refresh the Product Education section 6) Expand the database of FEDA participants in Webinar Series.
- Seek an agreement with ASID similar the agreement as we have with IIDA on the interior design issue and continue to monitor the IIDA agreement for compliance.
- Make time for more dialogue on industry issues within the FEDA Board meetings.
- Prepare for Executive Vice President Ray Herrick’s retirement in April 2018 (35 years at FEDA) by Search committee.
Joe will be adding to and expanding on the ground work and alliances already put in place by the hard work of previous Presidents, Board Members and FEDA's in house staff. Schmitt states that outgoing FEDA President “Brad Pierce did an amazing job of building the platform for the FEDA Data interchange with the help of Autoquotes and key suppliers in the channel. In addition, Brad worked tirelessly to improve collaboration and communication with our Allied Organizations in the channel (NAFEM, FCSI, MAFSI and CFESA) to ensure we are working toward the same end to improve channel profitability for all parties. xxx