Dishers are serving scoops designed to control portions of soft foods in foodservice establishments, restaurants and other commercial kitchens. A disher is different than an ice cream scoop in that it is built for softer foods like mashed potatoes, applesauce, steamed vegetables, cottage cheese, fruit, etc. Ice cream scoops are built to scoop hard, frozen foods. Like an ice cream scoop, dishers are sized by the number of scoops per quart that they can produce and/or the number of ounces they hold. The Jacobs Pride Collection from Vollrath features a variety of portion control disher scoops with color coded handles so you can easily tell the difference between each size. This item is the Size #10 disher which equates to 10 servings per quart. The scoop size is 3 1/4 oz, or 3/8 cup. It has a durable plastic ivory handle and features an easy-to-operate squeeze-handle design. This 3.25 oz portion food disher is dishwasher safe and is equipped with Agion-« - nature's Antimicrobial protection.
Vollrath #10 Disher Portion Scoop Features
- Stainless steel scoop with one piece color coded IVORY plastic handle
- 3 1/4 oz, capacity (3/8 cup).
- USA made, NSF, Jacobs Pride Collection
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime.
- All colored handle dishers are NSF.
- FYI: Disher size denotes number of servings per quart.