You have no items in your shopping cart.
Important Information: Receiving Freight
Rapids understands that your time is valuable. However by taking a few moments to follow these procedures you can protect yourself from incurring additional costs.
Why this is important to you:
It is important that your receiving personnel know this information! Please remember that truck drivers will bring the merchandise to the location but merchandise must be unloaded from the truck and set in place by the receiving party. Please make arrangements in advance for any hand trucks, forklifts or other necessary equipment before your delivery arrives.
Inspect Before Signing! Unless it is noted on the delivery receipt that the shipment is damaged or short, a freight claim CANNOT BE FILED. Rapids can not be responsible for any losses sustained due to non-compliance with these freight claim procedures.
Before Signing Proof of Delivery:
- When your shipment arrives, verify counts. Make sure you receive as many cartons as are listed on the receipt. Note any shortages on the carrier’s delivery receipt.
- Remove all packaging materials. Check all items thoroughly for damage. If damage is found, note this on the receipt. You and the driver should make a joint inspection of the contents if you notice damage. When damage is found, keep all packaging materials until the carrier's representative inspects the damage.
- Do not sign the Proof of Delivery until you are completely satisfied with the condition of the shipment. Signing the Proof of Delivery means you are accepting the items “AS IS”. The driver can not leave until the delivery receipt has been signed.
- If damage is extensive and you are unsure as to whether or not the operation of the unit has been compromised, please refuse the freight shipment and call Rapids ASAP.
- If concealed damage is found after the driver has left, you must report this to the freight company within 48 hours of delivery.
- Please contact Rapids Wholesale at 800-553-2088 with any questions about these procedures.
We care about your business and wish you prosperity in the coming years. Thank you for your partnership on behalf of Rapids Wholesale Equipment Company!