You have no items in your shopping cart.
Food for Thought - Rapids' Blog
Rapids Wholesale, Rapids Foodservice Contract & Design, and Chain Restaurant Solutions have joined the #22Pushups Campaign with "Honor Courage Commitment, Inc" to raise awareness for veteran suicide prevention. Honor Courage Commitment, Inc. started the #22KILL movement in 2013 after learning the staggering statistic that an average of 22 veterans are killed by suicide every day, hence the name #22Kill. HCC is committed to researching and understanding the genesis of this epidemic, as well as educating the general public on the issue. #22KILL is an ongoing platform to raise awareness, not just towards veteran suicide, but also to the mental health issues that can lead to suicide.
#22Pushups is the current campaign to raise awareness by seeking 22 million push-ups in the next 22 days.
As a company, Rapids employs several veterans and active military members. There are also many with friends and family members who have served or are serving right now. Rapids is proud and very thankful for the tremendous commitment they have all made to serve our country every day with very little recognition for their sacrifices.
In order to raise awareness and honor all veterans and active military members, Rapids and its affiliate companies have challenged it's employees, family, friends, and affiliate partners to combine efforts to reach a goal of 22,000 push-ups in the next 22 days. Rapids will contribute $250.00 to the charity if the goal is met. They will count employees, customers, suppliers, and friends of friends towards the goal!
Rapids' 22,000 push-ups would help #22Kill reach their goal of 22 million push-ups to honor those who serve and to raise awareness for veteran suicide prevention through education and empowerment. Every push-up counts, so don't be shy about showing your support for our veterans! You can do as many push-ups as you can or want, whether it be one or 100. We accept them all! Your push-ups can be assisted (on your knees), inclined (on a desk/wall), or, if you are unable to do any, we'll even take air push-ups! They all count towards the goal as long as you follow the instructions below:
Easy Steps To Follow
1) Create a video to post to any or all social media sites of your choosing. In the beginning of the video, make an introduction stating two things:
A) Your name and that you are representing Rapids #22Kill push-ups effort.
B) Why you are pushing or who you are pushing for.
An example would be "Hi! I'm Sally Smith, a friend of Rapids Wholesale, and I'm about to do 22 push-ups for #22Kill for 22 days to honor my daughter and everybody else that has served in the military!"
2) Upload the video directly to one of the #22Kill social media sites at the addresses posted below:
3) Now post to your own social media pages using a hashtag string formatted like the example below. The hashtag allows #22Kill and Rapids to count the push-ups. *Make sure you set your post to a “public” setting so that our counter can pick it up!
- If you did 5 push-ups you would enter: “#5pushups for #22KILL #RapidsCares”
- If you did 22 push-ups it would enter: “#22pushups for #22KILL #RapidsCares”
- If you had a group of 10 people that did 22 each: “#220pushups for #22KILL #RapidsCares
Be creative; use unique settings, styles, props, etc. Include whatever or whomever you want.
Post as many videos as frequently as you’d like, as long as they are not duplicates and you follow the same rules/guidelines for each video.
GET GOING! THE DAYS ARE COUNTING DOWN!