Improve the Taste and Quality Of Your Baked Food With A Convection Oven Equipped With SteamPrint
A convection oven equipped with steam is referred to as a “combi” oven in the foodservice industry. The reason these ovens are called combi ovens is that they bake with a mix of the hot, dry air of an oven and the wet heat of a steamer. Combi ovens can cook with ambient air (as an ordinary convection oven does), with injected steam, or with a combination of both. A combi oven is an oven with three functions: convection, steam, and combination cooking. In the convection mode, the oven circulates dry heat with a convection fan. The circulated air will cook products 25% faster than a conventional oven. The steam mode injects water into the oven to poach fish, rice, and vegetables, keeping your food moist as it cooks. Combi ovens offer the ability to regulate humidity along an impressively wide temperature range.
Benefits of a Combi Oven
The benefits of a combi oven in a food service setting are many:
- Combi ovens cook 25% faster, saving utility and labor cost. Water molecules conduct heat much faster than air, making humid heat transfer much more efficient.
- Combi ovens reduce shrinkage in your food by preventing the natural moisture in your food from evaporating. Taste and moisture are retained at the same time.
- Combi ovens deliver consistent cooking that tastes better - crisp on the outside, moist on the inside.
- Multiple dishes can be cooked together at the same time with zero flavor transfer.
- Eliminates the hassle of a bain marie or water bath when cooking egg dishes, custards, and that oh so delicious crowd-pleaser dessert, the Creme Brulee. Again, a combi oven working for you to save labor and equipment needs.
Until recently, a commercial combi oven had a price that made them prohibitive to most small food businesses. A commercial floor model combi oven generally sells for a minimum of $10,000.00. Now however, a countertop commercial convection oven with steam injection by Vollrath brings much the same combi technology to both an affordable price and a compact footprint that can be situated anyplace, even a food truck or catered event.
The Vollrath Cayenne Convection oven model 40702 230 volt is equipped with 5600 watts of heating, a custom baffle fan, and a diffuser plate to evenly bake your product. Temperature is adjustable from 150 to 570 degrees Fahrenheit. Most importantly, the Vollrath 40702 comes with a steam injection system making it a versatile oven small enough to fit most anywhere, but still capable of fitting full size hotel sheets.