Your shopping cart is empty
Swipe to the left

Cleaning and Maintaining Stainless Steel Surfaces

May 10, 2016 No comments

Volition Undercounter Freezer with beautiful stainless steel surfaces.How to Clean and Maintain The Stainless Steel Surfaces In Your Restaurant

The stainless steel surfaces in your kitchen are both beautiful and functional. Truthfully though the reason for so much stainless in a commercial kitchen is really not about how pretty it is and how it shines, but in fact, stainless is used commercially because it is one of the safest materials to use in food preparation. Stainless steel resists moisture corrosion and more importantly thanks to it’s non porous surface, stainless steel surfaces resist bacteria growth.

Stainless steel is durable, but not indestructible. To remain non porous and bacteria resistant, stainless steel surfaces need the proper maintenance routine.

Follow the Do’s and Don’ts referenced below to keep your stainless surfaces forever rust and bacteria free.

Do: Only use soft materials to clean stainless steel. Bar Towels and Sponges are the best material to use.

Don’t: Use brushes or steel wool. This will scratch and damage your stainless. Once that happens, your surface is open for rust or bacteria to grow.

Do: Always wipe the direction of the grain in the stainless.

Don’t: Use chlorine water. Restaurants always have chlorine water mixed for disinfecting, but chlorine pits the steel, meaning you are giving rust and bacteria the opportunity for growth.

Stainless Steel Cleaner

Do: Use an alkaline cleaner that is specifically for stainless steel. We suggest: Brite Shine Commercial Stainless Steel Cleaner. This will both clean and disinfect your stainless steel without causing damage. Stainless steel cleaner extends the life of your stainless steel, saves you money in the long run, thereby increasing your return on investment.

Do: After wiping down with a stainless steel cleaner, follow up with a dry cloth to polish your stainless steel.

Do: Use filtered water to wipe down surfaces. The chemicals in tap water result in “hard water” deposits or ‘spotting”. The spotting eats away a the stainless and eventually rust or bacteria will form.

Do: Always wipe your stainless dry from any moisture including stainless cleaner.

Do: Clean your stainless steel surfaces regularly.

Posted in: How To

Please wait...

{{var product.getName()}} added to cart

Continue shopping
View cart & checkout
{{var product.getName()}} removed from cart

Continue shopping
View cart & checkout