Hobart makes some of the best food slicers on the market, and the HS6 is no exception. This commercial food slicer comes with several features you’re likely to notice right away. These mechanisms make cleaning easier and boost efficiency in the kitchen:
- Lifetime warranty on sharpening stones for the blade
- Removable ring guard cover makes it easy to remove debris
- Removable blade makes cleaning safer
- Must restart the slicer if the power goes out
- Tilt design makes cleaning easier
- Super alloy edge on the knife stays sharp If you have any questions about these or other specs, don’t hesitate to call a Rapids Sales rep at 1-800-472-7431
Hobart Slicers: Manual vs Automatic
Different restaurants have different needs when it comes to electric food slicers. The amount and type of food you’re slicing should have an impact on your choice. The HS6 is a manual slicer, meaning it takes more time to slice than an automatic model. If demand for sliced product is low, but present, the HS6 may be a great choice to streamline the slicing process when the need arises.
Cheese is more difficult to slice than most meats, as well. Choosing a heavy-duty model for cheese slicing will prove to be a good move.
Why Commercial Food Slicer Safety is Crucial
Electric food slicers are handy. They come equipped with a large, sharp blade that lends a helping hand in the kitchen— but this very blade, of course, can also be harmful. Because the user’s hands must be close to the fast-moving knife while the slicer is in use, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, or OSHA, considers it hazardous equipment.
You can avoid a kitchen disaster simply by choosing a slicer model that comes with safety features. The HS6 includes several removable parts and mechanisms that make it a safety-conscious choice.